A lifetime experience: Engineering at the freezing temperature

I would like to share my life experience of teaching engineering education in the rural terrain of Karnali province at freezing temperatures. This story was from the winter season, December 2020 to January 2021 when I stayed at Kaigaun, Jagadulla rural municipality, dolpa district, Nepal. During that time, the temperature fell around -20 degrees celsius. In that environment, I was astonished by the interest of my students to learn programming skills. 

                                    Workshop program "Smart system design and development"

During that period, I conducted a workshop program "Smart system design and development" for sharing the concept of electronics to solve real-world problems. In this event, my students learned the general idea of automation systems, and how they can control electrical appliances from remote switching. In other words, controlling the operation of appliances with smartphones. Additionally, students have learned basic programming skills like object-oriented programming with C++ and the concept of web development such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP. 

      Students were coding at the computer lab of Tripura general and technical school, dolpa 


This was the route I went there 


I along with my friend Sushil Kumar at the playground of Tripura general and technical School, Dolpa


Thank You


Lochan Basyal















Comments